Regional Lead: Sandy Curwood, Conejo Valley Unified School District, email@example.com
About Sandy and Conejo Valley Unified School District
Sandy has been a registered dietitian and worked in a variety of food service and healthcare settings for the past twenty-five years. She holds a BS in Foods and Nutrition and Masters degree in Business, Health Care Administration. She has also taught foodservice systems and nutrition courses at Cal State Northridge.
In addition to being a CFSN regional lead, Sandy continues to serve on the steering committee for the Ventura County Farm to School program and as an Ambassador and Culinary Center for the CA Department of Education’s FreshMeals @ Schools program.
Contact Sandy to be added to her contact list to stay in the loop about upcoming events.
Key publications and resources published
How to get involved
Contact Sandy, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be included on future news and updates about South Central Coast Farm to School activities!
Farm to School resources in the region
Local food initiatives in the region
South Central Coast:
San Luis Obispo County Food System Coalition
- Member organizations of SLO FSC, like cooperative extension, have projects in place.
- Advocacy and Education working group have listed school food/school gardens as a top priority.
Santa Barbara Food Alliance:
- Orfalea Foundation school food program.
- At the beginning stages of brining everyone to the table.
Ventura County Ag Futures Alliance:
- There is an active farm to school/food hub project underway in the county.