CA Farm To School Conference 2015
Connecting. Growing. Leading.
May 4th – 6th | Asilomar | Pacific Grove, CA
We’re looking for speakers and panel participants for the California Farm to School Conference. Deadline for submission is January 7, 2015.
We seek professionals to share their knowledge and expertise. Speakers should be well versed in their proposed subject matter and able to convey the material in a dynamic and organized manner. Preference is strongly given to California-based speakers. Under no circumstances should presentations be used for direct promotion of a product or service. Workshops/Sessions can be presented by 1 – 3 people.
What topics we are interested in:
We are looking for sessions related to the below tracks. Have an idea we haven’t covered We’re interested in hearing those too!
- Education in the Cafeteria and Classroom: How to integrate Farm to School in the school setting, align with common core, and institutionalize programs in school districts.
- Programs on the Farm and in the Garden: Covers unique aspects and models of garden enhanced nutrition education and farm education.
- Making The Case: How can Farm to School Programs promote health, enhance nutrition education, change eating behaviors, and prevent chronic disease?
- Local Procurement: Share strategies, case studies, and models for breaking down barriers and procuring local food.
- Policy and Funding: Share stories and resources for how advocacy, policy, and funding at the district, local or state level can support Farm to School efforts.
How To Apply
Please fill out the form located on the website (http://www.cafarmtoschoolconference.org/) and submit by January 7th, 2015. Selected speakers will be eligible to receive a discount off their conference registration. Unfortunately, we cannot cover travel or lodging expenses. Accepted workshops will be notified by late January.