- This event has passed.
Plant it, Grow it, Eat it! Garden Enhanced Nutrition Education Workshop
October 14, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm$150 - $180
Make the connection from seed to table in this fun and delicious workshop. Using tried-and-true Life Lab lessons and recipes for grades K-8, participants explore effective ways to teach nutrition and encourage kids to eat more fruits and vegetables through gardening, harvesting and meal preparation. We offer a Fall and Spring version of this workshop. 1 semester unit of graduate education credit available.
- How to lead highly engaging, hands-on nutrition lessons and activities in a garden setting.
- How to link gardening and cooking activities to Common Core Math and Language Arts standards.
- Management strategies for harvesting, preparing, and enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables with students.
TAKE HOME …
- An activity packet with lessons, recipes, garden kitchen resources, and links to Common Core academic standards.
- Inspiration to use a garden as an instructional tool for nutrition education.
- Strategies for success from Life Lab and from a variety of other educators engaged in this exciting work.
- Optional: unit of education credit from the University of the Pacific ($60/unit)