- This event has passed.
Webinar – Donating School Garden Produce to Those in Need
August 31, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
As harvest season approaches, there are many ways to utilize your school garden produce. We believe donating to food pantries, soup kitchens, and meals-on-wheels programs is a great option that connects students to their community and educates around issues of hunger.
Come hear guest presenters:
- Thom Duncan, Program Director of Friendship Gardens, Charlotte, NC
- Lara Fahnestock, Director of Garden Support for Denver Urban Gardens
- Andrew Nowak, Slow Food USA
We will be discussing a range of topics including:
- How to identify community groups to accept produce donations
- Food safety in harvesting and donating produce
- The logistics of a donation
Join from your computer, tablet or smartphone:
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 793-288-293